Someone is Gonna Shit a Stickebrick

One of our more maritime oriented commenters bought my attention to this.

It raised a smile, not least because I can image people exploding with rage across the internet when they see it

Falklands

Is it wrong to have a little snigger at the magnificent display of joint service appreciation.

Sorry everyone, just could not resist :)

An overseas reader emailed me and asked what a sticklebrick is.

a
a
April 25, 2012 9:52 am

Brian Black
Brian Black
April 25, 2012 10:39 am

“…the first of which decimated the runway at Port Stanley airfield…” hmmm… decimated?

There’s no arguing that it’s a fine looking aircraft though. Impressive.

Topman
Topman
April 25, 2012 10:57 am

nice of the navy to let us have some of the media on fi anniversary. I’ll expect letters of outrage in the post.

Jackstaff
Jackstaff
April 25, 2012 4:31 pm

A,
What you said. I think perhaps the junior service may have missed the double entendre. Those tend to get stuck in their handlebar mustaches. But apparently figureheads look lovely in a nice light blue. Be sure to let the yacht club know.

I miss Stickebricks. And Vulcans.

Jackstaff
Jackstaff
April 25, 2012 4:37 pm

I wonder if nine out of ten Alsatians arrive in Britain by sea. Or is it that nine out of ten Rock Apes crawled out of the water last week and began to evolve opposable thumbs? I forget. You go through the front door of middle age and the mind starts to wander….

jed
jed
April 26, 2012 2:20 am

Lol maybe the reader was confused by missing the l out of sticklebrick in the headline :-)

James
James
April 26, 2012 1:04 pm

@ a,

“FIGUREHEAD: the nice-looking, smartly-painted bit that arrives first but serves no practical purpose whatsoever. Generally obsolete.”

I had no idea that the old Andrew and the RAF were competing for this honour. I have to say that if the selection criteria for the winner is being smartly painted, the Andrew would appear to have the competition sewn up. I’ve only visited about 20 airbases, but most of them were in dog order, and the RAF Police on duty in the guardrooms slovenly and unkempt.

Topman
Topman
April 26, 2012 1:39 pm

‘and the RAF Police on duty in the guardrooms’

Strewth that must have been a few years ago!

Mike
Mike
April 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Haha!
Funny stuff, as funny as the Harrier Gr9 in the FAA museum at YL in 1sqn markings x)

A welcome piece for puddle pirate and crab officers to rant and rage over.