Containers Anonymous

Does anyone know the number for  CA?

I know I said the last one was the last post about logistics but…

Stumbled across these and thought they were interesting from a military logistics point of view.

I know the last one isn’t strictly logistics related but I just liked the look of it

Of course, I reserve the right to spout forth yet more metal box related stuff, especially when I have finished reading about the US JMIDS programme, a programme the MoD participated in.

Am going to go and have a lie down now!

paul g
September 8, 2010 2:40 pm

hello my name is admin i’m a containerolic and haven’t touched a container for 2 days now!!!!

paul g
September 8, 2010 2:59 pm

right well i’ve had a look at the vids now, when you say the last one isn’t strictly logs i would beg to differ, one word, springer!
seems this has a variety of options for the back, springer hasn’t, plus it can lift 2000kgs to the springers 1000 ie twice as much, low ground pressure speaks for itself, one man op etc etc ditch the high roof cab and bingo and i bet a pound to a pinch of salt it ain’t as expensive, I’m ashamed to say it was an ex REME guy who flogged the springer to the MOD oh and it’s british as well so if it stood out in the ganners it could be exported, keep up the good work containerman!!

Jed
Jed
September 8, 2010 3:38 pm

You see PODS on drive ways all over Canada, I guess mostly when people are moving house.

Brian
Brian
September 8, 2010 5:06 pm

These people might be able to help: http://www.bic-code.org/ :-)
I can give up ISO containers any time so long as there’s tea chests to bring me down gently.

jackstaff
jackstaff
September 9, 2010 12:14 am

Jed,

Seen quite a few of them out west too. Part of that North American standardisation fetish?

paul g,

All right, he’s admitted he’s powerless over containers. We can all respect that it’s a day at a time, sometimes a Youtube video or a corporate brochure at a time, for a born logistician — it’s a genetic condition after all, just ask the RLC :-) So who’s Admin’s higher power, then?

leesea
leesea
October 8, 2010 5:53 am

I thought of the Softrak with a standard US QUADCON on the back deck. Basically that is one-quarter of an ISO type 1 C freight container in wich many American untis stow small items for easy carriage. I wonder is this vehicle with its 2000 kg capacity wounld work.