The AirTEP

The Tactical Extraction Platform from Escape International in France is designed to carry up to 10 personnel, providing facilities for them to be rapidly extracted. It has found some success with rescue organisations, especially those involved with forest fire fighting.

Made of aluminium, stainless steel and kevlar reinforced webbing it weighs in at just under 7o kg’s and can be used up to 100kph to extact personnel from rooftops, ships and other constrained locations.

It has also been used to extract divers from open water and inserting tactical teams quickly.

Watch the videos…

[tabs] [tab title=”Video 1″]

[/tab] [tab title=”Video 2″]

[/tab] [tab title=”Video 3″]

[/tab] [tab title=”Video 4″]

[/tab] [tab title=”Video 5″]

[/tab] [/tabs]
Pete Arundel
Pete Arundel
January 23, 2015 2:03 pm

I read the description and imagined something as fun as the old Fulton Gear. Imagine my disappointment . . .

wf
wf
January 23, 2015 3:03 pm

Arundel: my thoughts exactly! I had visions of C130’s swooping low over Raqqa scooping up platforms of SF and terrified hostages :-)

wf
wf
January 23, 2015 3:35 pm

It’s a platform and some webbing. Possibly :-)

MSR
MSR
January 23, 2015 10:53 pm

It’s a cunningly designed platform and some webbing. Folds up neatly and seems to deploy easily.

I won’t bungee jump (very real possibility of detaching one’s retina, plus it goes against every survival instinct in me) but I’d have a go at this! Much more my style. Somewhere to sit/stand and a nice view. Can one take up one’s brandy snifter and a nice cigar?

IXION
January 23, 2015 11:15 pm

Why do I think of that bit from a Muppet christmas Carol where gonzo and rizo get dragged through the tres……

January 24, 2015 1:48 am

The critical thing is that you don’t tell the Kevin that you had previously shagged his sister*** while you are dangling. Apart from it not being gentlemanly (you leave her to tell him), it is suicidal.

*** it was a bit of a mistake. I was stood up by a proper Danish girl, he knew me slightly and thought he’d be kind by inviting me to join his party, where I discovered that his date was his really quite pneumatic sister. He did not take too kindly to me revising her arrangements for the rest of the week, taking her to Berlin, Goslar and Trier, prior to returning her to London the following Friday. She is still in Christmas card contact. ;)

January 24, 2015 11:46 am

And RT was wondering why his luggage always goes missing whenever he flies. :)

TED
TED
January 24, 2015 7:26 pm

Would anyone care to guess what the procedure for an engine failure is when sling loading?

Baldrick
Baldrick
January 24, 2015 7:32 pm

Might want a bit of shock absorbtion underfoot in case of a dynamic arrival but if you’ve just escaped in a hail of sh!t and shot that might not be uppermost in your thoughts.

Does it float?

ChrisM
ChrisM
January 24, 2015 8:36 pm

Coming to a stag weekend near you soon!