April 15, 2014 10:57 pm

Not had so much fun or learnt as much in years. :-)

Mind you, it’s grim up north…

GNB

Challenger
Challenger
April 15, 2014 11:38 pm

The thanks is all ours boss.

Lord Jim
Lord Jim
April 16, 2014 12:57 am

Thank you and all other contributors to the site. It is the best place I know to have a rant and still get positive feedback in return.

April 16, 2014 2:17 am

And it really goes both ways TD, especially with input from people who “have seen the elephant” like RT and Phil. Learned a lot from them and gotten a lot of ideas, and it’s all thanks to you creating a forum for an exchange of views and operational concepts.

dave haine
dave haine
April 16, 2014 7:00 am

…..And not one mention of bridging equipment, or ISO containers… :)

Still, I’d like to echo all the other comments, Ta TD.

….Now about these carriers…… :)

wf
wf
April 16, 2014 7:02 am

@GNB: you clearly need to move down south :-)

Thanks @TD

Tom
Tom
April 16, 2014 8:05 am

Thanks to you TD.

Occasional (commenter related) wobble aside, this is a great site that always informs and amuses.

April 16, 2014 9:31 am

– I’d never get a visa…and the whippets would be homesick…

GNB

wf
wf
April 16, 2014 11:29 am

@GNB: the whippets would get over it. And the ferrets have many sets of trousers to investigate around Westminster. Duty calls methinks!

Brian Black
Brian Black
April 16, 2014 5:22 pm

But why do we need the RAF?

Kent
Kent
April 16, 2014 6:28 pm

@TD – I have greatly enjoyed the short time I’ve been able to read, to comment, and to annoy my cousins across the Atlantic. (My direct patrilineal ancestor arrived in Virginia from Middlesex in 1674.) Since then we have only missed Spanish-American War, Korea, and Afghanistan. (I don’t count Grenada or Panama.)

It pains me to see how the British military has fallen on truly hard times, then I remember what seems to be a few years ago when the US Navy had 600 ships, the US Army wasn’t based on a bunch of brigades, and the US Air Force wasn’t buying aircraft in 1930’s quantities. That doesn’t pain me; it makes me sick.

The short-sightedness of politicians is a given, but I fear that our people have gotten acclimated to “the dole” and want only to ensure they get their checks on time. Until self-sufficiency becomes a virtue again, I worry for our countries’ futures. That doesn’t even address the continuing influx of people with 7th Century values that demand we be “tolerant” of their beliefs while attacking ours.

ECS

JC
JC
April 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Still lurking, still learning…but bloody glad Disqus didn’t take off :-)
Even starting to appreciate ISO containers.
Thanks TD.