101 Thousand Up – Coming Soon

The time is getting very close to celebrating the 101 thousandth comment on Think Defence

Old movie countdown sound effect

Please let it be something witty, insightful or educational!

What would be a suitable prize, am willing to get my hand in my pocket

About The Author

Think Defence hopes to start sensible conversations about UK defence issues, no agenda or no campaign but there might be one or two posts on containers, bridges and mexeflotes!

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
Brian Black
Brian Black
January 29, 2014 12:09 pm

Do you have statistics on how many comments regard aircraft carriers, or the Falklands?

I hope this is the 101 thousandth comment. I look forward to receiving my speedboat, darts, and bendy Bully!

(I’m usually in on Wednesday mornings, or just leave them with the neighbours)

January 29, 2014 12:10 pm

Don’t buy into the Lock Mart spin on the idea of a C130XL TD ;-), it would be a new aircraft effectively with all the development problems associated. They had enough problems getting the C130J right with its new engine nacelle, props and engines.

Without a chance of a US military sale I doubt Lock Mart are going to risk a C130XL development program.

January 29, 2014 1:33 pm

Given good luck and a following wind, it will be a witty sally from @RT or the welcome re-appearance of @IXION with a fierce but well argued denunciation of one or other of us because of some deluded fantasy or other…

…however, I rather expect it to be a lengthy dissertation from @M&S on something so recondite that most of the Alphabet Soup loses the will to live two or three dense paragraphs in!

I am, after all, Gloomy…

The Other Chris
January 29, 2014 1:48 pm

We could get lucky and it be about Cod & Chips.

January 29, 2014 1:55 pm

“This was the first one by the way…”

I loved the idea of a parallel channel ” TD Gold” or “TD-javu” we could get all the best posts from yesteryear. A bit like Gold TV you could edit out the inappropriate racism or misogyny

January 29, 2014 2:11 pm

How about a year’s free subscription to Think Defence (UK Defence Issues and the odd container or two) as the prize ;-)

Pte. James Frazer
Pte. James Frazer
January 29, 2014 2:34 pm

Well done TD!

101 (thousand) comments often black and white (never ever battleship grey!) but always with a good nose for the issues.

Keep sniffing them out.

January 30, 2014 10:32 pm

is this like trying to watch the mileometer creep up to 100,000 then missing the crucial moment because a small child in the back seat has spilled his juice ? or is that just me ?

I bet if this actually the 101 thousandth post TD will pick something a bit more worthy….